Terms & Conditions
Workshops and Tours / Adventures
The following terms and conditions shall apply in respect of all Bruce Percy photography UK and overseas based workshop & tour bookings and will form the basis of your contract with Bruce Percy Photography Limited.
Bruce Percy Photography is the trading name of Bruce Percy Photography Limited.
1. It is a condition of booking any of our tours and workshops that you have comprehensive travel insurance to cover you for trip cancellation (by you), activities involved and destination. This cover should include repatriation costs, air ambulance and helicopter rescue.
2. A 30% deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your space.
3. All deposits are 50% refundable up until six months prior to the trip departure date. After this period your deposit is 100% non-refundable.
4. The balance is due three months prior to the start date of your tour / workshop. If your balance becomes past due, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
5. If you cancel more than three months in advance of the tour start date, all monies paid by you minus 50% of the deposit will be returned. If you cancel less than three months before the start date of your workshop / tour, no refund will be given.
6. If you are booking within three months of the start date, please make payment in full with your completed booking form.
7. In accordance with "The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992", all passengers booking with Bruce Percy Photography Limited are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all money paid to us, arising from cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Bruce Percy Photography Limited. Please write cheques to "Bruce Percy."
8. Courses will only operate with a minimum of six photographers. In the event of your course or workshop being cancelled by Bruce Percy Photography Limited for whatever reason, other than non-payment of balance (point 2), your payment will be refunded in full including your deposit. Our liability is limited to the amount of any money you have paid to us. If we cancel your tour we will make every effort to advise you at least six weeks prior to the departure date.
9. Bookings are non-transferrable between participants and / or workshops.
10. If you wish to cancel your booking please do so in writing via e-mail or letter. The date of the e-mail / letter received will be used to determine whether a refund will be made.
11. We reserve the right to change the tour itinerary due to altered circumstances and conditions. We will make alternative arrangements as required but no refunds will be given for services that are not utilised as a result.
12. Our tours/workshops involve travel in remote, mountainous regions, at high altitudes, where amenities and medical facilities are few and far between. Each country has different standards of quality, safety and hygiene and may not be as high as in Europe. Passenger seat belt regulations may not be widely enforced. Arrangements can and do go wrong. Delays and discomfort can be common. Every effort is made to ensure your safety and well being, but bookings are accepted on the understanding that you appreciate the risks and hazards associated with this sort of travel. Bruce Percy Photography Limited cannot be held responsible for; the consequences of any delays, expenses incurred or alterations caused by illness, weather, war, terrorism, political events, civil strife, strikes, natural disaster, technical difficulties or any event beyond our control. The services and facilities included in your tour/workshop comply with local regulations which apply or, if there are no applicable local regulations, if they are reasonable when compared to the local standards and customs. Customers must provide Bruce Percy Photography Limited with evidence of their insurance. In addition you should be insured against loss of or damage to baggage and personal possessions including all your camera equipment.
13. Bruce Percy Photography Ltd. will not accept responsibility or consequent costs for accidents, injury, lack of fitness, carelessness, illness, negligence or lack of punctuality attributable to the customer. If you have any disability or illness, you must inform us at the time of booking the holiday so advice can be given on the suitability of the trip. Due to the adventurous nature of the tours, all customers must at all times agree to comply with the decisions taken by the local representative, local operator or tour guide. Personal items and baggage remain at all times the responsibility of the customer. In addition responsibility must be accepted for any equipment loaned to you, and you must agree to pay for any loss or damage caused to this equipment while in your care.
14. Personal items and baggage remain at all times the responsibility of the customer. In addition responsibility must be accepted for any equipment loaned
15. Bruce Percy Photography Limited does not accept liability for death, bodily injury or illness unless this arises from the negligent act and/or omission of Bruce Percy Photography Limited employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
16. Bruce Percy Photography Limited does not accept responsibility for any loss of valuables, including camera equipment, during a tour or workshop.
17. It is your own responsibility to make international flight arrangements. Bruce Percy Photography Limited cannot take responsibility for changes or alterations to any flights.
18. We are unable to accept bookings from persons under 18 years old.
19. If you should have a complaint about the tour, it must be made in writing and received by Bruce Percy Photography Limited within fourteen days of the end of the tour.
20. In the unlikely event of any sort of dispute arising, the Law of Scotland shall apply. If the dispute cannot be resolved directly between us within 6 weeks of written intimation of the dispute, both Bruce Percy Photography Limited and our customer shall attempt to settle the dispute by Mediation. A Mediator will be selected with the assistance of the Law Society of Scotland. If the mediation is unsuccessful, the Sheriff Court at Edinburgh shall have jurisdiction.
21. We will not ask for or keep information about customers, unless agreed by both parties, other than is necessary to process orders, process refunds, and provide information about products and about our events. We will not disseminate personal information about customers to any third party. We will comply with any customer's request to discard their telephone number, e-mail address and their address by e-mailing email@example.com
22. For all refunds where the original payment was made through Paypal, they will be returned to you, minus any fees that Paypal has kept from the original transaction (up to 5%).
23. Drones are prohibited from all tours and workshops. Please do not bring one as we feel they are intrusive to everyone else's workshop or tour experience.
24. By signing the booking form or ticking the terms and conditions checkbox during checkout, you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. The person signing the form does so on behalf of all the other individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
Terms & Conditions
Printed book & e-Book sales
The following terms and conditions shall apply in respect of all UK and overseas printed book and e-book sales, and will form the basis of your contract with Bruce Percy Photography Limited.
1. We will not ask for or keep information about customers, unless agreed by both parties, other than is necessary to process orders, process refunds, and provide information about products and about our events. We will not disseminate personal information about customers to any third party. We will comply with any customer's request to discard their telephone number, e-mail address and their address by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2. For all refunds where the original payment was made through an online processor such as stripe or paypal, they will be returned to you, minus any fees that the online processor has kept from the original transaction.
3. For all e-book orders, an email with a download link will be sent within 24hours of the transaction. Each e-book has an expiry link that is valid for 48 hours. If you need your activation link re-enabled, please email email@example.com. We will endeavour to reactivate your link within 24 hours.
4. For printed book orders, if an order has not been received by the estimated date of delivery, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate the matter and respond within 24 hours.
5. For UK printed book orders, If the item does not arrive by 14 days after the estimated delivery date, you may ask for a refund of the cost of the goods and the carriage. For all international printed book orders, if your item does not arrive after 28 days after the estimated delivery date, you may ask for a refund of the cost of the goods and the carriage.
6. For printed book orders, you may return goods if they are received damaged, or if the incorrect item is delivered. They should be returned by the cheapest available method of carriage. You will be refunded the cost of goods and the carriage once we have received the goods. Please email email@example.com to inform us that the goods are being returned
7. You are entitled to invoke your statutory rights under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
8. We will supply customs forms for all international orders, which list the value, contents and description of items contained in the package. All orders will be marked "Gift". The customer must pay any customs or import duties levied once the package reaches an international destination.
9. By signing the booking form or ticking the terms and conditions check box during checkout, you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. The person signing the form does so on behalf of all the other individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.