|Photographic Workshops Bruce Percy|
|Home New Archive Video Biography Books Prints Workshop Store Blog|
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions shall apply in respect of all UK and overseas based Light On Scotland workshop & tour bookings and will form the basis of your contract with Bruce Percy Photography Limited.
1. A non-refundable £100 per person (weekend workshops), £300 (week long workshops) or 35% (worldwide workshops and safaris) deposit is required at the time of booking. Deposits should be sent with the completed booking form. A confirmation letter will then be e-mailed to you. The balance is due eight weeks before the start date. If the balance does not reach us by the date specified in our confirmation, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled. Please pay the full amount for a one-to-one tuition day.
2. If you are booking within eight weeks of the start date, please make payment in full with your completed booking form.
3. In accordance with "The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992", all passengers booking with Light On Scotland are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all money paid to us, arising from cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Light On Scotland. Please write cheques to "Bruce Percy Photography Client Account."
4. Courses will only operate with a minimum of four photographers. In the event of your course or workshop being cancelled by Light On Scotland for whatever reason, other than non-payment of balance (point 1), your payment will be refunded in full including your deposit. Our liability is limited to the amount of any money you have paid to us. If we cancel your tour we will make every effort to advise you at least six weeks prior to the departure date.
5. If you cancel more than eight weeks before the start date, then any money you have paid to us is fully refundable, minus your deposit.
6. If you cancel between 55 and 43 days before the start date you will receive a 50% refund, minus your deposit.
7. If you cancel 42 days or less before the start date there will be no refund, although every attempt will be made to re-let your place. If your place is re-let then any money you have paid to us is fully refundable, minus your deposit.
8. Bookings are non-transferrable between participants and / or workshops.
9. If you wish to cancel your booking please do so in writing. Email is not acceptable. The date the letter is received will be used to determine whether a refund will be made.
10. We reserve the right to change the tour itinerary due to altered circumstances and conditions. We will make alternative arrangements as required but no refunds will be given for services that are not utilised as a result.
11. It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in visiting remote areas. All customers must be fully insured for the duration of the tour. Customers are responsible for arranging their own insurance, which must cover at least medical expenses, injury, death and repatriation. It is advisable that you also have cancellation and curtailment as part of your insurance policy. Customers must provide Light On Scotland with evidence of their insurance. In addition you should be insured against loss of or damage to baggage and personal possessions including all your camera equipment.
12. Personal items and baggage remain at all times the responsibility of the customer. In addition responsibility must be accepted for any equipment loaned to you, and you must agree to pay for any loss or damage caused to this equipment while in your care.
13. Light On Scotland does not accept liability for death, bodily injury or illness unless this arises from the negligent act and/or omission of Light On Scotland employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
14. Light On Scotland cannot be held responsible for; the consequences of any delays, expenses incurred or alterations caused by illness, weather, war, terrorism, political events, civil strife, natural disaster, technical difficulties or any event beyond our control.
15. Light On Scotland does not accept responsibility for any loss of valuables, including camera equipment, during a course or workshop.
16. Due to the adventurous nature of the tours, all customers must at all times agree to comply with the decisions taken by the leader of the tour.
17. It is your own responsibility to make international flight arrangements. Light On Scotland cannot take responsibility for changes or alterations to any flights.
18. Our tours and workshops involve travel in remote, mountainous regions, where amenities and medical facilities are not readily accessible. Every effort is made to ensure your safety and well being, but bookings are accepted on the understanding that you appreciate the risks and hazards associated with this sort of travel. Light On Scotland will not accept responsibility for accidents, injury, lack of fitness, carelessness, illness, negligence or lack of punctuality attributable to the customer. If you have any disability or illness, please inform us at the time of booking the tour so advice can be given on the suitability of the trip.
19. We are unable to accept bookings from persons under 18 years old.
20. If you should have a complaint about the tour, it must be made in writing and received by Light On Scotland within fourteen days of the end of the tour.
21. In the unlikely event of any sort of dispute arising, the Law of Scotland shall apply. If the dispute cannot be resolved directly between us within 6 weeks of written intimation of the dispute, both Light On Scotland and our customer shall attempt to settle the dispute by Mediation. A Mediator will be selected with the assistance of the Law Society of Scotland. If the mediation is unsuccessful, the Sheriff Court at Edinburgh shall have jurisdiction.
22. We will not ask for or keep information about customers, unless agreed by both parties, other than is necessary to process orders, process refunds, and provide information about products and about our events. We will not disseminate personal information about customers to any third party. We will comply with any customer's request to discard their telephone number, e-mail address and their address by e-mailing email@example.com
23. For all refunds where the original payment was made through paypal, they will be returned to you, minus any fees that paypal has kept from the original transaction (up to 5%).
24. By signing the booking form or ticking the terms and conditions checkbox during checkout, you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. The person signing the form does so on behalf of all the other individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions shall apply in respect of all UK and overseas printed book and e-book sales, and will form the basis of your contract with Bruce Percy Photography Limited.
2. For all refunds where the original payment was made through paypal, they will be returned to you, minus any fees that paypal has kept from the original transaction (up to 5%).
3. For all e-book orders, an email with a download link will be sent within 24hours of the transaction. Each e-book has an expriy link that is valid for 48 hours. If you need your activation link re-enabled, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to reactivate your link within 24 hours.
4. For printed book orders, if an order has not been received by the estimated date of delivery, you can e-mail us at email@example.com. We will investigate the matter and respond within 24 hours.
5. For UK printed book orders, If the item does not arrive by 14 days after the estimated delivery date, you may ask for a refund of the cost of the goods and the carriage. For all international printed book orders, if your item does not arrive after 28 days after the estimated delivery date, you maye ask for a refund of the cost of the goods and the carriage.
6. For printed book orders, you may return goods if they are received damaged, or if the incorrect item is delivered. They should be returned by the cheapest available method of carriage. You will be refunded the cost of goods and the carriage once we have received the goods. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us that the goods are being returned
7. You are entitled to invoke your statutory rights under The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
8. We will supply customs forms for all international orders, which list the value, contents and description of items contained in the package. All orders will be marked "Gift". The customer must pay any customs or import duties levied once the package reaches an international destination.
9. By signing the booking form or ticking the terms and conditions checkbox during checkout, you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. The person signing the form does so on behalf of all the other individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
All contents © 1989 - Present, Bruce Percy
Unauthorised reproduction & use of these images is strictly forbidden